Cause and effect
When you are giving a presentation, your job is to not only present the facts but also to give the reasons (why), the purpose (objectives) and the results.
In a presentation, the language used is often very simple, much simpler than if we were writing.
- We sold the land because we needed to release the cash.
- We closed the offices in London because they were too expensive to run.
- We set up the team to look at possible ways to improve efficiency.
- We sold the land to get necessary capital for investment.
- We sold the land and had enough cash to invest in new equipment.
- We expanded the sales network and sales increased.